Depending on where you live in the world, It’s legal to:
- Buy and sell on email lists
- Share data about people with other entities without them being aware of it
- Move data about people across international boundaries
- Use facial recognition software on live CCTV streams
- Accept new offers on the property you are selling even if you’ve already committing to selling it to someone else
The last one is called gazumping, great word for scrabble, terrible in reality.
If our answer to a proposed approach is, ‘it’s not nice, but it is legal,’ it’s time to look for a new approach or a new job.